REMINISCENCES OF A STOCK OPERATOR - Book Review

Now i am reading REMINISCENCES OF A STOCK OPERATOR its a Story of a stock speculator his rise and fall and ultimately to his suicide its a book which i hope will teach me new things about life will keep notes and quote heere and will give my review on this book 



It takes a man a long time to learn all the lessons of all his mistakes. They say there are two sides to everything. But there is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side. It took me longer to get that general principle fixed firmly in my mind than it did most of the more technical phases of the game of stock speculation.


About tips on stock buy and sell

A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game. That is why I don't believe in tips. If I buy stocks on Smith's tip I must sell those same stocks on Smith's tip. I am depending on him. Suppose Smith is away on a holiday when the selling time comes around? No, sir, nobody can make big money on what someone else tells him to do. I know from experience that nobody can give me a tip or a series of tips that will make more money for me than my own judgment. It took me five years to learn to play the game intelligently enough to make big money when I was right.

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Lefèvre, Edwin (ebook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kidney Stone 9mm Struck in Ureter

Nifty at 11278

Shifting to Village